Hi there everyone. Welcome to The BD Class Blog. We are a bunch of cool Year 1s from Discovery School. We are in Mr D and Mrs E's class. We love blogging. You can find out about all the cool work we do in class. If you make a comment, it will get sent to Mr D for moderation, then he will publish it. Thanks for visiting and pop back for a visit soon.

Monday, November 15, 2010

15/11/10 What's Going On in BD Class?

The morning got off to a very energetic start. The whole syndicate did Jump Jam. It was heaps of fun!
For writing we were making sure that we use our yellow, red and white hat thinking to help us write our weekend reports.
We also learned about homophones. These are words that sound the same but have different meanings and they are spelt differently.
won - one
to win something - the number 1
here - hear
a place - to use your ears

In reading we looked at some tricky vowel sounds. We learnt about "ai" and "ay". There are so many words that make the same sound!
How cool. Mr D got an email today from his friend John Devlin who is a football kit designer. He sent this email after looking at our football kits:

I hope you are well - firstly I must apologise for taking so long to reply - your email ended up being misfiled in my email program and I've only just discovered it - I'm very sorry.

Very interesting to see the class kit designs - lots of zig zags! 

Personally I really liked the following ones:

Keesha (loved the yellow shorts and how they worked with the pink and blue top)
Jarden (combination of colours on the second kit)
Dev (lots of pale pink, a very traditional kit colour back in the Victorian age)
Lily (the shorts are great and I LOVE the single sleeve colour on the first kit)

Please pass on my congratulations to your class.
I'm glad I could help and I'm only so sorry I didn't reply to this message earlier.

...and NZ did themselves very proud!!

All the very best
John


It's great to get feedback from an expert! You can see John's football kit website by going to: http://www.truecoloursfootballkits.com/
You can check out our kits at the bottom of the blog or at http://www.wix.com/bazntam/BD-Class-Kits

What an exciting and busy day. See you all tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment